Vectorply Corporation, a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of composite reinforcement fabrics, has an immediate opening at its Phenix City, AL location for an experienced Naval Architect and/or Composite Engineer.
- Provide laminate recommendations for potential and current customers utilizing Vectorply reinforcements and VectorLam software
- Provide technical service and support to Vectorply sales / customer service staff, and customer base regarding Vectorply reinforcements and VectorLam software
- Manage VectorLam software development and updates
- Perform /arrange laminate testing (physical or mechanical) in support of customer and internal projects
- Conduct presentations regarding Vectorply reinforcements at conventions or to small groups of customers
- Submit technical papers to industry publications
- Assist in design of new reinforcement fabrics for specific applications
- Assist with the technical and aesthetic aspects of new marketing literature
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Naval Architecture, Marine, Ocean, Composite, or Mechanical
- At least 5 years experience in structural design with composites materials in marine applications (small and/or light craft) utilizing industry standards such as ISO 12215, DNV HSLC, and ABS HSC
- Proficient knowledge of composite manufacturing processes such as open molding, vacuum infusion, Lite RTM, RTM, vacuum bagging, etc.
- Familiarity with composite material applications in industrial, wind energy, & sporting goods industries
- Proficiency in some form of CAD (Rhino, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.) and FEA (Strand7, HyperMesh, etc.) software. Experience with programming languages (SQL, Visual Basic, etc.) is highly beneficial
- Up to 25% travel generally within the US and Canada
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with public speaking opportunities
- Reside within the Phenix City, AL / Columbus, GA area with an office located at the main plant
- Experience with quality systems (ISO 9001, AS9100, etc.) is beneficial
Interested qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Naval Architect / Composite Engineering Position”.
- CAMX show cancelled, Vectorply still planning to exhibit at IBEXSeptember 8, 2017 - 1:07 pm
PHENIX CITY, Ala. – Due to the imminent threat of Hurricane Irma in Florida, CAMX show officials announced Thursday that the 2017 show in Orlando next week has been postponed. At this time, Vectorply Corporation is still planning to exhibit at IBEX September 19-21, 2017 at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, FL. Our thoughts […]