Vectorply Corporation, a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of composite reinforcement fabrics, has an immediate opening at its Phenix City, AL location for an experienced Naval Architect and/or Composite Engineer.
- Provide laminate recommendations for potential and current customers utilizing Vectorply reinforcements and VectorLam software
- Provide technical service and support to Vectorply sales / customer service staff, and customer base regarding Vectorply reinforcements and VectorLam software
- Manage VectorLam software development and updates
- Perform /arrange laminate testing (physical or mechanical) in support of customer and internal projects
- Conduct presentations regarding Vectorply reinforcements at conventions or to small groups of customers
- Submit technical papers to industry publications
- Assist in design of new reinforcement fabrics for specific applications
- Assist with the technical and aesthetic aspects of new marketing literature
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Naval Architecture, Marine, Ocean, Composite, or Mechanical
- At least 5 years experience in structural design with composites materials in marine applications (small and/or light craft) utilizing industry standards such as ISO 12215, DNV HSLC, and ABS HSC
- Proficient knowledge of composite manufacturing processes such as open molding, vacuum infusion, Lite RTM, RTM, vacuum bagging, etc.
- Familiarity with composite material applications in industrial, wind energy, & sporting goods industries
- Proficiency in some form of CAD (Rhino, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.) and FEA (Strand7, HyperMesh, etc.) software. Experience with programming languages (SQL, Visual Basic, etc.) is highly beneficial
- Up to 25% travel generally within the US and Canada
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with public speaking opportunities
- Reside within the Phenix City, AL / Columbus, GA area with an office located at the main plant
- Experience with quality systems (ISO 9001, AS9100, etc.) is beneficial
Interested qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Naval Architect / Composite Engineering Position”.